Is it not just so ridiculous how far behind I am with these award posts? I still have a few to do and in between cleaning the house Imma spend the WHOLE day blogging today. Yay. I’m going to do a few nominations at the end, apologies to anyone who has more than the 200 followers (it is so difficult to tell how many followers people actually have). Anyway, I was nominated by the lovely Scribbling Train back in January. I’m sorry for taking so long, please forgive me! I am really grateful that you thought of me for this award, so thanks very much. The shame of being slow doesn’t stop there as I was also nominated by What She Does Now in January too. Again, really sorry for taking so long to do this and I am hugely touched by your kindness. The last 3 months for me have been chaotic: it has been mad in the lead up to the Melbourne GP and it’s nice to have a weekend off and a day to just blog. Yeah :).
Anyway on to the rules of the award:
1. Provide a link back to the blogger who nominated you
2. Post 11 random facts about you
3. Answer 11 random questions set by the blogger who nominated you
4. Nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers for the award (excluding who nominated you)
5. Let the nominees know you have nominated them
I won’t be answering the 11 random facts about me as I’ve already answered this question twice before (Leibster Award #1 and Leibster Award #2) so check those out if you are interested. We all know you won’t be interested in me, so lets swiftly move on shall we?
The Scribbling Trains Questions
1) – What’s one high end product you’d love to have?
A Mac lipstick. Everyone and their Mum seems to have one. I think I would go for something really versatile, maybe a nude.
2) – Do you drive? – If yes, did you pass your test first time, what car are you driving now, and what’s your dream car?
I passed my test 2nd time aged 17. In hindsight I should have 1. put in for my test earlier (there is a 6-8 week wait at home) and 2. been more confident. I failed with 1 major and 3 minors. My major was undue hesitation: I had just parrallel parked and nailed it on a one way street and got asked to continue to the end of the road and turn right. Coming onto the one way street was a little junction from a garage and I waited for a car to pull out from there before pulling out from behind the parked car. I was apparently too hesitant and it cost me. I currently don’t own a car myself, but would love a VW Golf. Mmm sexy.
3) – Can you speak and understand any other languages?
Does Scottish count? English people can’t understand me when I talk in my ‘normal’ accent. I can speak basic French and a tiny bit of German.
4) – What’s you favorite food?
Chocolate, cheese and curry. But not all together.
5) – Have you ever broken a/any bone(s)? If yes, tell us how you broke it/them.
I think my most heroic one was chipping a bone playing basketball at school. This really vicious guy came running towards me and slammed to ball down on my finger, it hurt. I managed to still set up for another team member to score some points before running off to the bathroom. The teacher was all like theres nothing wrong with you. That’s not what the Doctor said when I went to A & E. I very much enjoyed rubbing that one in her face.
6) – Do you have a signature scent? If yes, what is it?
Lacoste Touch of Pink
7) – Did your parents ever tell you that you had to wait until a certain age until you could start wearing make up?
No, I didn’t really start properly wearing it until I was in my late teens. I preferred climbing trees.
8) – If you could eat one thing all the time without gaining weight what would it be?
Chocolate or Cheese.
9) – Do you think your accent tells people where you are from? For example, if you went to another city on the opposite side of the country would they know from your accent where you are from.
I’ve been told I sound Glaswegian before, which I don’t. I’ve also been told I sound ‘posh’ which I don’t. People just associate one type of Scottish accent with Scotland and I don’t have said accent. I don’t really know what my accent is anymore, it changes so people can understand me.
10) – Are you reading a novel at the moment? – If yes, what’s the title, and who’s it by?
Sadly not, although I really want to start reading again.
What She Does Nows Questions
1. What’s your inspiration when it comes to blogging?
I love the interacting with people, so the more I blog the more people chat to me and give me advice. I like that. Like when you ask for recommendations on something and people start helping you out. It is just a nice feeling.
2. What is your favourite inspirational quote?
‘If you have never made a mistake you have never made anything.‘ – my Dad
‘If I have seen further than others it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants’ – Sir Isaac Newton
‘Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in.’ – Winston Churchill
3. Describe yourself in three words.
Sarcastic, Scottish Spendaholic.
4. What three things would you bring with you to a desert island?
A boat, my family and some water. Stay safe, get off the island.
5. What’s your favourite beauty tip?
Put pencils in the freezer for a few minutes before sharpening. It makes it easier and you waste less.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Australia or Canada.
7. If you had one million euro, what would you do with it?
Buy a house, save some for later in life and donate a big chunk to charity.
8. What are your guilty pleasures?
I like to eat tinned spaghetti straight out of the microwave pan. I enjoy cleaning toilets. I had to put something funny in this post!
9. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Kinda similar to q1, but the community.
10. What is your aim for 2014?
Be the best I can be. Learn as much as I can. Save some money.
11. Who is your favourite blogger?
I can’t choose just 1! That’s mean.
Questions for my Nominees
1. Can you remember what your first piece of make-up was?
2. Do you prefer summer or winter trends?
3. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
4. Least favourite food?
5. Do you have any siblings and did you get along with them?
6. Favourite colour and least favourite colour?
7. Do you collect anything?
8. In a years time can you still see yourself blogging?
9. Best drugstore product and best high end product?
10. Signature hairstyle?
11. All time favourite band of musician?
So once again thank you to my lovely nominators, do check out their blogs! I’m looking forward to reading my nominees answers, so please link me/tweet me when you do the post 🙂
Did any of my answers surprise you?