Hand cream is something I use every day, sometimes even several times a day. With so many hand creams on the market, what makes a good hand cream? Is it worth paying above the odds for hand cream or can you get away with a budget version? I thought it was about time I compiled my favourites into one list:
Inecto Pure Coconut Hand & Nail Cream – 99p for 75ml from TJ Hughes
This is currently out of stock on the TJ Hughes website, but as with most things from TJ Hughes it is probably worth having a rummage. Yes TJ Hughes has a lot of cheap junk, but I’ve found Rimmel 60s polish in there for 99p rrp £3.99 before. The packaging has changed since I got this tube, but the formula is still the same. I really liked this hand cream and wish it was available in the likes of Boots and Superdrug. I actually managed to nab a new tube of this in a shop called BodyCare on Saturday. Winner.
– Really Cheap
– Smells very strongly of coconut
– Formula is non greasy and leaves my hands soft and smooth
– Difficult to get hold of
– Contains glycerine, which may irritate some peoples skin
– Also contains parabens
Soap and Glory Hand Food – £5.00 for 125ml from Boots
This seems to be a firm favourite with beauty bloggers and I am no different. I don’t think it is the best hand cream out there, but it is readily available and does the job. I have gone through countless tubes of this and keep coming back for more, even though it isn’t my favourite.
– Powerful and sweet smelling
– Absorbs well
– Easily available
– Attractive packaging
– Seems to leave my hands greasy
– Not great if you have irritated hands or broken skin
– A little bit runny
Mid- High Budget
L’Occitaine Shea Hand Cream in Various Scents – £8 for 30ml from L’Occitaine
This is my all time favourite hand cream and I have so many tubes scattered around myself. One on my desk, in the car, in my bag, jacket pocket, makeup bag, bathroom, nail box. It is a great all rounder in my opinion and the little tubes do pack some punch. I’m surprised I haven’t mentioned this before.
– 13 different scents to choose from
– Comes in such a small tube, handy for travel
– Contains up to 20% shea butter so massively moisturising
– Lovely thick formula
– Lasts for ages as you only use a tiny drop
– The price
Neom Complete Bliss Morocan Rose Hand Cream – £20 for 75ml from Neom Organics
I got this in my advent calendar last year and I really love it. The formula is a cross between thick and runny, but it is the smell I love. Anything Rose scented is a winner in my books.
– Smells of lovely Roses
– The scent lingers for a while after applied
– Absorbs quickly
– Chic packaging
– The matte white tube gets dirty easily
– Very expensive
– Tube doesn’t last as long as I would like for the price
So that’s it! My favourite hand creams for every budget.
Have you tried any of these? What can you recommend a girl with problem hands like me uses?